What Are Sustainable Streets?
Complete Streets + Green Streets
Sustainable Streets keep pedestrians and cyclists safe, increase resiliency against the effects of climate change, and reduce pollution.
In short: it’s infrastructure that helps and protects our community and environment.
Why Sustainable Streets?
Sustainable Streets create many benefits:
- Safer for bikes, pedestrians, and transit users
- Less flooding from changing rainfall patterns
- Less pollution flowing to creeks, the Bay, and the ocean
- More trees, vegetation, and shade
What’s in the Master Plan?
- Future climate effects on storms and runoff
- Prioritized Sustainable Street opportunities
- Sustainable Street project concepts
- Tools for Sustainable Street planning, design, implementation, and tracking